According to the VnExpress and Youth, at about 0:00 on June 15, in Vinh city, Nghe An, a big fire broke out. Specifically, the fire occurred at Fill tea room, 146 Dinh Cong Trang street.
As one of the first people present at the scene, Mr. Nguyen Thanh Ha – guard of a kindergarten 5m away said that when he had just fallen asleep, he was startled awake by the explosion from the fire.
Out to see what was wrong, he saw that all the tempered glass of the 3-storey house was broken. The fire engulfed the three-story house in an instant. He quickly called the fire brigade to the scene.
According to Mr. Ha, the tea room has many tables, chairs, and flammable items, so the fire spreads quickly.
Meanwhile, Mr. S., a motorbike repairman opposite the tea room, said that around 0:00 on June 15, his family was sleeping when he smelled a strong burning smell. A few minutes later, a series of explosions erupted in succession.
Witnessing that the tea room next door was on fire, many people watching football immediately shouted to put out the fire. However, because the tea room was closed, the door was locked inside and the fire was so big that no one dared to approach.
Mr. Nguyen Tam Ky – Chairman of the People’s Committee of Le Mao ward said that the house at 146, Dinh Cong Trang street, Vinh city (Nghe An) where the fire occurred has 3 floors. The 1st floor is rented as a tea room, the 2nd floor is unused and the 3rd floor is under construction.
The initial cause, the fire was most likely caused by an electrical short,” said Nghe An police.