According to initial information, the incident happened at about 2 pm (June 2), in the town of Loc Ha (Loc Ha district, Ha Tinh). At that time, the car with BKS 38A – 148.xx driven by Mr. PHT (residing in Thach Kim commune, Loc Ha district) was circulating on the road of Loc Ha township (Loc Ha district, Ha Tinh).
When coming to the roundabout area of Loc Ha town, passersby discovered that there was smoke and fire under Mr. T.’s car, so they gave a warning signal.
Driver T. promptly stopped and opened the car door to get out. People around quickly brought water and tools to help Mr. T. put out the fire.
After checking, people discovered that under the car Mr. T. was swept up with a lot of straw. This can cause the fire, straw along with hot weather has ignited, causing fire. Fortunately, the incident was detected and handled in time, without causing any loss of life.
In recent days, the capital Hanoi and many provinces across the country are experiencing the hottest days since the beginning of summer. Outdoor temperatures can reach more than 50 degrees Celsius at the hottest time.
According to studies, when the outdoor temperature is 35 degrees Celsius, just 20 minutes, the cabin of a small car (without the air conditioner on) can reach 50 degrees Celsius. If the time is 40 minutes, the temperature of ca- bin up to 65.5 degrees Celsius.
If you leave the car directly in the sun up to 39 degrees Celsius, items such as fire extinguishers, lighters, soda cans, battery chargers, 3M toilets… are all at risk of exploding. The heat in the cabin increases the pressure of the liquids causing them to explode.
Under the heat that can reach 60 degrees Celsius or more in the car, batteries, lighters, aerosol cans or sprays can explode at any time, makeup melts, nail polish remover can sparks,… Other products such as pencils, chocolates or candies, lipsticks, etc. may be degraded.
In case you have to park your car outdoors and suffer from hot sun, drivers should slightly open the windows to allow air to circulate.